AFFLOVEST MOBILE MECHANICAL OSCILLATION THERAPY
Who Benefits From AffloVest?
AffloVest is the first battery-operated high frequency chest wall oscillation (HFCWO) therapy that allows
people with bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, COPD, MS, MD, ALS and neuromuscular and respiratory diseases
receive state-of-the-art airway clearance therapy on the go.
The AffloVest is engineered to encourage treatment adherence and compliance by:
- Experiencing an improved quality of life during airway clearance treatments
- Anatomically targeting all five lobes of the lungs - both front and back
- Promoting airway clearance and secretion mobilization
- Clinically improve lung function
Why Choose AffloVest?
- Have the patient remove any outerwear and stand straight with arms at their side.
- The patient should not inhale to overly expand their chest but be in a natural state.
- Using a tailor’s or sewing tape, take the chest/bust measurement under the arms across the largest part of the chest and do the same around the largest part of the abdomen.
- Pull the measuring tape around without stretching or tightening the tape (a relaxed measurement.)
- Take the chest/bust and abdomen measurements with the patient’s arms at their side (not with their arms up or outward, see image below).
- Use the larger of the two measurements to determine the correct size.
- If there is a greater than 12” (30 cm) difference between the chest/bust and abdomen, please contact Handi Medical Supply for sizing determination and assistance.
Guidelines Based on Body Measurement
- Fit and sizing vary from person to person
- Using the front adjustment straps, the AffloVest should fit very snuggly on the chest, but not limit the patient’s ability to take in a full, deep breath
- If needed, adjust the shoulder snaps to place the front upper AffloVest oscillation motors on the upper chest, just below the collar bone
- A 1-inch (2.5 cm) overlap of the vertical black seams on the front of the AffloVest is acceptable for all sizes
- A 1 to 5-inch (2.5-13 cm) gap between the two sides of the AffloVest is also acceptable for all sizes
Resources to Assist with Your Decision
Documents Required From Your Physician to Bill Insurance
AffloVest can be prescribed for:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Late Effects of pollomyelitis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myotonic disorders
- Anterior horn cell diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other diaphram disorders
AffloVest requires a doctor’s prescription for treatment by High Frequency Chest Wall
Oscillation (HFCWO). The AffloVest has received the FDA’s 510k clearance for U.S. market availability, and
is approved for Medicare, Medicaid, and private health insurance reimbursement under the Healthcare Common
Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codeE0483 – High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation. The AffloVest is also
available through the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs/Tricare. Patients must qualify to meet eligibility
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I acquire an AffloVest?
AffloVest requires a prescription from a physician and can be purchased through Handi Medical Supply.
Is AffloVest covered by insurance?
AffloVest is approved for Medicare, Medicaid and private health insurance reimbursement under the Healthcare
Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) code E0483 - High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation.
How does AffloVest mimic manual CPT?
The AffloVest mimics manual CPT by using mechnical oscillation to help loosen and thin mucus in the lungs.
Can I travel with my AffloVest?
Yes. The AffloVest is lightweight and is equipped with a rechargeable battery, giving the user full mobility
during treatments. When not in use, the AffloVest is easy to store and carry; perfect for someone who
What are some of the advantages of the AffloVest over other systems?
- Fully mobile during use
- Digital, programmable controller
- Nine total setting variations
- Three modes of oscillation treatment (percussion, vibration, drainage)
- Three adjustable intensity levels (soft, medium, intense)
- Compliance monitoring
- Quiet during operation
- AC/DC power
Will you have my size?
AffloVest is available in a full range of 7 sizes - to serve both children and adults.
Can a nebulizer treatment be given at the same time as treatment?
Nebulizer treatments can be administered while using the AffloVest, however users should first consult their
physician for guidance.
How long do treatments last?
Treatment times can vary depending on physician prescription, howeer they generally take 20-30 minutes and
are conducted twice daily.
How much does the AffloVest weigh?
The AffloVest is lightweight - average 5.12-9.35 lbs - and is the lightest device of its kind on the market.
What is the warranty for the device?
The AffloVest has a limited warranty. We are committed to ensuring the highest quality standards. Contact
Handi Medical for complete warranty details.
What AffloVest Customers are Saying
More Efficient Treatment
With AffloVest, I feel like I am getting a better treatment and that the treatment is more efficient. I
feel like I can breath my medication in deeper and feel great now. My lung function has gone up 14% and
I think that AffloVest has had a huge part in that increase.
Cystic Fibrosis Patient
I Feel Normal Again
Thank you, AffloVest!!!!!! I received this life saving vest just five days ago. I have been doing it
twice a day for 30 minutes each time. I haven’t seen 100 for my oxygen level in a LONG time. I am
feeling more normal.
One Happy Patient
My patient recently received her AfffloVest. She LOVES it! She says it makes her feel less like her vest
therapy is a chore now. Her mom is so happy to see her happy!
I am using my AffloVest now and just love it. I have tried the Hill-Rom vest and didn’t like it at all.
This vest gives me so much freedom and allows me to increase my therapy sessions without loosing my
freedom. I’m a very happy AffloVest patient!
His CF Fight is Easier
My son has had his vest for some time. It has made our life so different and better in every way. We are
not tied down, we can live a normal life and he can be as normal as he can living with CF. With this
vest, his fight is so much easier.
Cystic Fibrosis Parent
A Game Changer
AffloVest has truly changed how we handle secretions/congestion, in a way that The Vest never could. We
use it in conjunction with a cough assist machine, and Peri has been pneumonia free and no hospital
stays for the entire time that we have used AffloVest. We take it on vacations, day trips, without
missing any sessions.
Muscular Dystrophy Care Team